Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Cathedral Time!

As a director I love gathering all kinds of inspiration from multiple places so when I was coming up with the cathedral idea I scoured the internet for resources.

Luckily, I took a little time during my most recent NYC trip to visit a couple cathedrals. My favortie for inspiration turning out to be St. John of the Divine and I highly suggest visiting this massive bohiemoth.

Though I took a lot of pictures for reference inside the cathedral I new I would have to really sell to my designers how huge the interior is which is when I discovered this VIRTUAL ONLINE TOUR!

It's from there I set about laying out the interior to define the scale for my concept artists to work with. I came up with this basic layout and blocking:


And in case you were counting--that's over 500 desks and workers!