Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Shots 83-84 PART 1


I've been working on this shot the past few days and thought I'd run you through my process. At this point the shot(s) are not completed so this'll be a TWO PART!


So, initially I assigned the shot to an animator to do the rough animation and a 3D animator to work with the bass model in Toon Boom Harmony. I threw on a simple effect to help the FX animator plot out the FX(crazy!)


Through the process of editing and finalizing timing the shot was stretched out a bit to help the audience follow action. It was during this part that I decided to combine shot 84 with 83 which is the lead-in to all the action. I also created and insert shot of just the bass being struck with a cut to the hero being blasted back instead of actually animating him being thrust backward from the bass shot. This sequence of quick cuts allows action the work faster without distorting time and leading the focus through the 3 shots so that they fit together seamlessly(refer to the top GIF)

I also decided I just couldn't work with the bulk of the animation so I went back in and redid some of the roughs. I also re-animated the bass model to match.


With roughs complete it's only a matter of clean-up for the hero...


...and the foreground FX


At this point I need to animate the background FX and I would like to figure out some better animation for the Giant so STAY TUNED FOR PART DEUX!!!