Wednesday, February 24, 2016

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL INTERNET PEOPLE!

Sorry about the bit radio silence, I've been sick the past few weeks and also absolutely swamped because THE FILM IS NEARLY FINISHED!!!

You HEARD right (see what I did there??!?!) I am finishing THE LAST SHOT of the film and if you come to me from Twitter I've been throwing the occasional gif up there BECAUSE IT LOOKS SO COOL!

On top of the last shot I am digging deep into the sound this week and so I'm marathoning THE COMPLETE WORKS OF DON HERTZFELDT to really get into that sound head space because I love his minimal vibrant scoring and immersive, if not subversive, ambiance of his films. I'm already brimming with ideas and I plan to get all kinds of inspiration by his work so fun times will be had by all.


Even tho me doing the sound wasn't my first choice I do love just getting completely wrapped up in the sound design of a piece and this film is perfect for entrenched sound creation. I'm keeping Alan's work on the climax music because he already did a fine job mastering that bit. Gonna try and add some bass kicks to it but that's really it.

I'm HOPING I can get this sound done in the next couple days, render the film out, and get an online screener up by the end of February because there's a couple festival deadlines I need to hit (more on that later).

We will see.

It's a tall order.

I'm gonna do my damndest.