Monday, February 29, 2016

THE FILM IS COMPLETE!!!

It's done.

It's finished.

I am ecstatic.

Actually, of all the feelings I could be feeling there's really just an overall sense of relief. It has been a LOOONNGG time coming and like any project this lengthy in the making I'm not overwhelmingly happy at the end. I'm very proud of the work done on the film and everyone's contributions to the final product. There's parts I'm extremely pleased with and there are parts that are the sum of compromise. I think at the end of a long production the best you can really hope for is knowing that you did as well as you could on every aspect of the piece.

Particularly with something like a thesis film or senior film you should always strive to challenge yourself and learn as much as you possibly can. That's one aspect of this project that I am extremely happy with. I challenged the hell out of myself with a tall order on all counts.

I learned A LOT.

I got MUCH BETTER.

I completed the film.

That, in and of itself, is a major accomplishment.

AND THANK ALL OF YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGH THIS ROLLER COASTER!

The Bad News: I can't show you the film right now.

Most festivals require that the film is not available to view online so the current version up in the "Story Reel" section is the last version I will be uploading for public consumption for the near future.

HOWEVER, I WILL BE FILM FESTIVALING LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER FILM FESTIVALED!!! More on that soon BUT I did just submit to 10 festivals today!

ALSO just because work on the film is complete DOES NOT mean I will not be updating on this blog. There's still many parts of the process I am going to go into so STAY TUNED FOR MORE BEHIND THE SCENES!