Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Thesis Paper

Here is a copy of the entire thesis paper I submitted for my MFA.

Self-Reflexivity in the "Wacky Delly" Episode of Rocko's Modern Life

Summary:

This thesis uses Frank Burke's postmodern analysis of Federico Fellini's 8 1/2 as a theoretical
framework to deconstruct the self-reflexivity in the "Wacky Delly" episode of Rocko's Modern
Life. Through this analysis within the context of the show's creator, Joe Murray, "Wacky Delly"
eludes to tragic events which haunted Murray's work and contributed to his eventual diluted
involvement with the show. Studying this deeper level of self-reflexivity, I have set out in my
film, Heard, to reflect my own thoughts creative process and share the experience of creation
with my audience.


I'm going to be on a well-deserved vacation through Tuesday and then I'm right back working on this film!